IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- ELMIRON® should not be taken if you have a known hypersensitivity to the drug or similar drugs.
- ELMIRON® is a weak blood thinner (anticoagulant) which may increase bleeding. Call your doctor if you will be undergoing surgery or if you are taking or will begin taking anticoagulant therapy such as warfarin sodium, heparin, high doses of aspirin, or anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen.
Tell your doctor:
- If you are pregnant or plan on becoming pregnant.
- If you have any liver problems.
The most common side effects are hair loss, diarrhea, nausea, blood in the stool, headache, rash, upset stomach, abnormal liver function tests, dizziness, and bruising.
- Hair loss, when it occurred, was almost always limited to a single area of the scalp.
Tell your doctor about any side effect that bothers you or does not go away. You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Please see full Product Information for ELMIRON®.
Please read the ELMIRON® Patient Leaflet and discuss with your doctor.